9 Smart Habits for Better Health
Filed under: Nutritional Supports
Most of us can identify with the common experience of dieting or working out for a short period of time, perhaps a few months. We typically feel better about ourselves and our overall health and wellness, but those feelings can quickly dissipate if you don’t keep up with the good habits.
Just imagine if we took that same approach to an environmentally friendly lifestyle so you should know how they work. Could you carry your own bags to the grocery store, ditch straws and lids, walk instead of driving, and take other measures toward protecting the environment for a year? Sure you could. But if you stopped all of those measures and went back to an unsustainable lifestyle once you felt “finished”, you wouldn’t be saving the environment. You would undo some damage for a period of time, and then resume environmental damage once more.
The same concept applies to your body. In order to improve our health and stay healthy, we have to consider our habits on a permanent basis. So what measures could you take, and implement them into your routine forever, that would help you keep lost weight from returning and stay healthy for a lifetime?
Here are a few to consider:
- Eat more fiber-rich foods and an adequate serving of fruits and vegetables daily
- Limit alcohol – not just while you’re losing weight, but as a long term healthy habit read more on burniva
- If you eat meat, switch to leaner sources like chicken and fish
- Reduce the amount of added sugar you eat
- Focus on foods that are as close as possible to their original form (if it’s been through a factory, it’s probably no good)
- Eat healthy snacks throughout the day, instead of skipping meals and binge-eating later
- Learn to read and interpret food labels correctly
- Practice mindful eating
- Get some form of exercise daily (walking or biking instead of driving, when you can, is good for the environment too)
GIA Wellness can assist you in living a healthier lifestyle with a range of nutritional supplements designed to energize, fortify, and fuel your body. You can view them by visiting the GIA Wellness website and feel free to contact me for in-depth product information or a demonstration.